Monday, May 09, 2005

Long Time, No Blog!

I’ll try to keep this brief, but here is a rundown of the BEST books I have read since my last blog. All of these titles are must reads! For a funny look at the process of writing, take a look at this site by one of authors listed below (click on the FAQ)!

Recent Favorites
Pennington, Bill. The Heisman: Great American Stories of the Men Who Won.
My Dad received this book while he was in the hospital (from my aunt) and I read over half of it aloud to him. It was a wonderful experience; I only wish we could have finished the book (or at least gotten to the Huskers!). The author highlights a variety of Heisman winners and puts each of them into framework of their respective social and policital eras.

Brashares, Ann. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. (audio)
Colgran, Jenny. The Boy I Loved Before or Do You Remember the First Time?
Cottrell Boyce, Frank. Millions. (audio)

From YA Lit:

McCloud, Scott. Understanding Comics.
Spiegelman, Art. Maus I.

From YA Lit Book Discussion Group Project:
Creech, Sharon. Walk Two Moons.
Konigsburg, E. L. The View from Saturday.
Lawrence, Iain. B for Buster.
Ryan, Pam Muñoz. Esperanza Rising.
Tolan, Sephanie. Surviving the Applewhites.
Turner, Megan Whalen. The Thief.

Fun New Picture Books:
Asher, Sandy. Too Many Frogs!
Markes, Julie. Shhhhh! Everybody's Sleeping!
Slater, David Michael. Jacques and Spock.

No comments: