Monday, May 16, 2005

Are You Under Harry's Spell?

Here is an article from The Guardian that describes the crossover reading phenomenon that is Harry Potter. It seems that a record breaking number will purchase the "adult edition" of the book (different covers, not different content - eek!). Here is a link to the adult cover. I think I will stay with the British version I have on order with the children's cover. I've heard it said that people prefer the adult version so they are less conspicuous while commuting and traveling with their copies. Poor muggles.

While visiting various elementary school classrooms lately, I feel like the excitement for the book is more subdued compared to previous release summers. It seems like more kids are excited for the Goblet of Fire movie due out in November (here's a trailer link thanks to AM and her brother). Of course, with the story of Harry and friends becoming more mature, maybe this isn't such a bad thing.

-Heryannione

No comments: