Saturday, March 19, 2005

WIRT: Code Blue, How to Be Good, Astro Boy

So, the last few days have found me in a writing slump and I've turned to reading and frozen yogurt for consolation (usually at the same time). Consequently, here's what I've covered:

Code Blue: A Writer's Guide to Hospitals, Including the ER, OR, and ICU by Dr. Keith Wilson & Dr. David Page.
This educational title gave me plenty to consider as it answered some of my basic research questions. At times, it brought back some all too recent memories of not so fun days spent with Dad in the ICU. We've a lot to be thankful for!

How to Be Good by Nick Hornby. (In progress)
I'm impressed with this author's ability to be funny and serious at the same time. This title was recommend by a friend of mine (as her favorite among his work) and I'd be interested to see how his other titles compare.

Astro Boy, Vol. 1 by Osamu Tezuka.
This classic graphic novel stars the robot, Astro Boy, who was created to replace a grieving scientist's son. In this volume, Astro Boy saves the world from the sadly manipulated "Hot Dog Corp", a group of dog-robot cyborgs (among other heroic deeds).

No comments: